1st Outdoor Show - "Arts in the Gardens"



Wow! What a great experience. We just finished our first outdoor show. Thanks to all who visited our booth! It was great to see smiling faces we knew as well as meeting new friends.

Our first day was a scorcher (See the sun in the booth photo)! Thought I would see my husband melt away. (He doesn't do well in heat.) The humidity was horrible. My clever husband rigged up the fan to hang in our booth for a little breeze. He kept telling folks that we had a fan (I think that's how we got people into our booth). I tried to do a glass lampworking demo outside, but between the sun and heat I gave up. I couldn't even see the flame (kind of dangerous..yah think?). =)

Sunday was much nicer. It was a little breezy and overcast, so not as hot. I think the crowds were bigger Sunday too. Well, thought I would show you some pictures. This is on Sunday (don't I look exhausted...notice the coffee cup...NEED CAFFEINE!)

Well, off to fill my kiln with more glass for the next show. I will be at "Three Brothers Winery" in Geneva, NY this Saturday, September 1st for their grand opening (see link: http://www.3brotherswinery.com/ ). Please come out and enjoy a glass of wine in the beautiful Finger Lakes region. (P.S. Will be at Clothesline in Rochester, NY, Sept. 8-9 , see link: http://mag.rochester.edu/clothesline/). Take care. Arriverderci!!

Comments

Popular Posts